Thursday, August 31, 2006

Justin Parpan (Gwango's Lonesome Trail)

This blog will be an ongoing production diary by the authors and publishers at Red Cygnet Press—a brand new children’s publisher which gives young authors the chance to be published by the time they graduate college.

My own book, Gwango’s Lonesome Trail was one of twelve titles chosen. Getting my first book published has been a real thrill, and like all the other Red Cygnet authors and publishers, I can’t wait to start posting about my experiences.

Since we are the makers of children’s books, and most of us are illustrators, I thought a swell way to start things off would be to demonstrate, through pictures, what this blog is all about.

So without further adieux, I present Gwango!

In the winter of 2005 I drew the first image of Gwango.

A few months later, the story is written, along with the first completed illustration.

The summer of 2006, Gwango’s Lonesome Trail is published.

13 Comments:

Blogger Ami Blackford said...

Nice set up. This was such fun to work on with you. I look forward to future endeavors:o)

Nice illustration work! I love your style.

Ami B

7:04 PM  
Blogger Chris Dacol said...

AWesome Dino!!! love the designs and colour hehe

8:11 PM  
Blogger Josh Parpan said...

The is great Justin!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Josh Parpan said...

Very cool, I want a copy!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Ami Blackford said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Ami Blackford said...

No worries Josh, you'll get what’s coming to you!

-Justin

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I' go to Abraham Lincoln Elementary and I will definitely save my pennies to buy your book! !

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, I love dinos!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Josh Parpan said...

Thanks Justin!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coool! Is that you in the photo?

5:28 PM  
Blogger Ami Blackford said...

Anonymous, yep, that’s me in the photo. Along with being an author and illustrator, I’m also a talented hand model.

-Justin Parpan

5:45 PM  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

This looks like such a fun book! You have an amazing style ~ a bit of retro, lots of humor and great lines. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I look forward to seeing more of your work!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is rad!

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home