Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ami Blackford
Quest for the Dragon Stone - A Duncan Family Adventure

Nothing has brought me more pleasure than watching my dream of writing & illustrating children's books come to fruition. I have always been a writer first - Ruth Duncan leapt from my mind and onto the page in t
he form of a short story.


It all began with Ruth


and the Relic Wheel.

(Here I experimented with drawing on real stone!)

Then- along came David to seal the deal.

(David was added to the book after a bit of market research concluded that boys would respond better if a male character was added. I am thrilled to have David with us - it wouldn't be the same without him!)



Hence-I am one happy author/illustrator to see my dream made real.

(This is only the beginning for me. The Duncan Family Adventures will hopefully have many pages ahead. Hats Off to Red Cygnet for seeking new talent....I know I'm not complaining!)

1 Comments:

Blogger justinpatrickparpan said...

Swell looking Blog we have here!

Likewise Ami, it was cool working with you on this project. Best of luck with your Dragon Stone book and all the others which will surely follow.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home