Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Justin Parpan (Gwango's Lonesome Trail)

In preparation for the release of Gwango’s Lonesome Trail I’ve created a banner for an official website I’m currently working on. I’ll keep everyone posted on the launch date!


Until then I wanted to post something on the evolution of one of the books illustrations.

It started with a desire to pay homage to one of my favorite photographs by Ansel Adams. His snapshot of the church house in Taos is really spectacular, and it seemed to perfectly fit a particular scene in the story where Gwango encounters an artificial dinosaur attraction in the middle of the desert.

Here’s a little sketch from my composition book.

And here’s the finished illustration.

3 Comments:

Blogger kunal kundu said...

Hi Justin! Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my work. I quite dig your work too...... would love to illustrate one of your books someday!

2:28 AM  
Blogger justinpatrickparpan said...

Hey Kunal, that’s a swell idea, we should definitely talk! And I'll say it again, that little film you made for Sesame Street India looks so cool. You should post it one of these days?!?

-Justin

12:59 PM  
Blogger LittleDoodles said...

Great colour scheme!

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home